Learn how to draw a Christmas Wreath that is wrapped in ribbon and tied with a pretty bow. A few simple steps will show you how.
A festive Christmas wreath always adds some instant cheer, whether it is placed indoors or out. They make such a welcoming sight and add holiday cheer wherever they go.
Before students think that wreaths are just a ring with a bow, try showing them this version. It starts with a couple of circles, but then adds some steps to make the greenery look like it’s bursting out of a wrapped ribbon. Just a few extra steps to create a wreath that has so much more dimension to it.
- How to Draw a Christmas Wreath (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Christmas Wreath
- Draw two circles, lightly.
- Add a large bow at the bottom.
- Draw two ribbon ends below.
- Erase inside bow, add fold lines.
- Draw spiral ribbons.
- Add circle lights inside.
- Add fuzzy edge between ribbon.
- Erase the smooth circle lines.
- Trace with marker and color.