Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Squirtle and a Squirtle Coloring Page. Who could resist his cute face?
Squirtle is also known as the Tiny Turtle Pokémon. Turns out that during battle, he hides in his shell and sprays water at his opponent. That sounds like one of the less evil battles I have ever heard of.
I bet that Squirtle’s cute face and fluffy tail have something to do with his appeal, so this tutorial makes it easy to draw both of those. And to add a little more dimension, his body is slightly turned so you can see his cool shell.
TIP: Be sure to draw lightly so that the extra lines can be easily erased. That’s how to pros do it!
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Squirtle Coloring Page
Squirtle Tracing Page
Materials for How to Draw Squirtle
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. The perfect medium size tip marker for tracing.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for How to Draw Squirtle
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Squirtle
- Draw a head and attached body.
- Lightly add wavy shell lines.
- Draw large eyes.
- Add the mouth and details.
- Lightly add the belly lines, off center.
- Draw the arms.
- Erase lines and draw the legs.
- Erase lines, add a tail and background.
- Trace with marker and color.