When it comes to winter painting ideas for kids, this cardinal has been a favorite for years. The red and blue colors always make such a pretty image.
• Multimedia or watercolor paper
• Sharpie, black, fine tip
• Liquid watercolor
1. Draw a cardinal and tree branch in pencil.
2. Trace the art with the permanent marker.
3. Add small details with crayon, such as the beak, legs, and tree branches.
4. Make lots of little snow dots with a white crayon. Press hard to make sure they show up.
5. Paint the bird with red watercolor, and the sky blue. The white crayon dots will stay white and look like snow.