Learning how to draw a dragonfly calls for some careful drawing to get all those tiny insect parts lined up. The results are so worth it though.
When you are ready to move beyond an overly simplified dragonfly, but not quite ready for a real life sketch, then try out this version tutorial. It shows all his intricate body parts with an easy symmetrical view.
- Draw a Dragonfly PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to draw a Dragonfly
- Make guidelines. Start the abdomen.
- Add the thorax and head.
- Draw two symmetrical lower wings.
- Draw two symmetrical upper wings.
- Draw six matching legs.
- Add head and wing details.
- Add abdomen and wing details.
- Trace and color with a sharp crayon.
- Add more crayon color for shadows and shine.