Roy Lichtenstein was a prominent American pop artist who favored old fashioned comic strips as a subject matter.
- View and download Dot Template
- Drawing paper
- Sharpie marker
- Colored pencils
- Start by lightly sketching your face with a pencil. Remember, the eyes go in the middle of the head, not up near the top!
- Trace all the lines with a black Sharpie marker.
- Fill in the dots with the desired pencil crayon colors. This may take some time, but neatly colored dots will make a successful picture. Also add some light background shading of each color.
- Using the Sharpie marker again, add some thick lines wherever you think shadows may happen, as shown by image on the right. Be sure to leave some of the lines thin so you have variety.