Students were asked to just let crayons and paint do what they do best – make patterns and lots of bright colors. Here are the only guidelines I asked the students to follow today:
1. Draw a large leaf shape that filled the paper diagonally.
2. Trace the leaf and veins with a thick, chisel tip black Sharpie marker.
3. Use crayons to make lots and lots of patterns in each section of the leaf.
4. Trace the outline of the leaf with white and / or light crayons at least 3 times.
5. Use liquid watercolors liberally, and let the colors bleed wherever they wanted to.