Big, overlapping eyes make almost anything look funny – especially when learning how to draw a cartoon fish. Works every time!
Cartoon drawing is all about exaggeration. If the eyes have no lids, make them extra big to show that off. If the mouth has an underbite, then make it really long. It takes some practice to get the right combination on your own, but imitating other funny drawings first is a good way to start.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Cartoon Fish
- Draw one eye.
- Draw another eye to the left and in front.
- Draw the top of the fish body.
- Add the bottom body with extended mouth.
- Add mouth and eye lashes.
- Add fins and a tail.
- Draw details inside fins and tail.
- Add a few random scales.
- Trace with a marker and color.