Learn how to draw apples in a basket with this step by step tutorial, and then fill them with some pretty watercolor paint. Makes a lovely fall painting. See below for a downloadable tutorial.
If you can, try adding brown and yellow crayon lines to the basket before painting with watercolor for a bit of extra texture. The wax in the crayon will resist the watercolor paint and leave a nice bumpy and colorful line behind. Perfect for adding some basket texture.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the bushel in pencil.
- Trace the bushel with a black marker.
- Add yellow texture lines in the basket if you are going to paint.
- Paint the brown basket and bright red apples carefully with watercolor paint.