Learn how to draw apples in a basket with this step by step tutorial, and then fill them with some pretty watercolor paint. Makes a lovely fall painting. See below for a downloadable tutorial.
If you can, try adding brown and yellow crayon lines to the basket before painting with watercolor for a bit of extra texture. The wax in the crayon will resist the watercolor paint and leave a nice bumpy and colorful line behind. Perfect for adding some basket texture.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
- Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the bushel in pencil.
- Trace the bushel with a black marker.
- Add yellow texture lines in the basket if you are going to paint.
- Paint the brown basket and bright red apples carefully with watercolor paint.