1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Easy How to Draw Tutorials | How to Draw Animals
Easy How to Draw a Dragon Tutorial and Easy Dragon Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw an Easy Dragon and an Easy Dragon Coloring Page. Great for younger dragon-loving artists.
Fantasy creatures are certainly fun to draw, with all they lend to the imagination. The dragon though, has to be up there on the list of the more complex. What with their fire-breathing mouths, wings, spikes, claws and tail, they can be a lot for students to take on when they are just starting to learn how to draw.
This doesn’t mean those students have to miss out on something as fun as making up their own dragon though. A tutorial that starts with some really basic body shapes, and then gradually adds more details is a good way to start. It’s a great way to insure that their dragon ends up looking as strong and sturdy as he or she can be.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Easy Dragon Coloring Page
Materials to Draw a Dragon
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to draw an Easy Dragon
- Draw rectangle head and half circle body.
- Add a neck and tail.
- Draw four legs. Erase lines inside the legs.
- Add the mouth, teeth, eyes and ears.
Erase the gray line shown.
- Draw two wings.
- Add spikes all along the back.
- Add spots and triangle tail end.
- Finish with fire and ground line.
- Trace with a marker and color.