Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Bushel of Apples and a Bushel of Apples Coloring Page. Layering shapes is one of the first drawing skills to master.
When students know how to draw one apple, the next step could be to learn how to draw a bushel of apples. The container is easy enough, as it is mostly straight lines, and the apples can simply overlap on top. Drawing them in a slightly rotated manner takes a little bit of practice, but this is the perfect place to do that.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Bushel of Apples Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Bushel of Apples
- Draw a rectangle for the bushel rim.
- Add the base and the sides.
- Draw a band in the middle.
- Add angled wood lines.
- Draw two handles.
- Draw two apples tucked in the sides.
- Add smaller apples behind.
- Finish with more apples in the back.
- Trace with marker and color.