Kinders learned how to trace and cut out a simple cat, and then draw a setting with a black Sharpie marker. The contrast between the two makes the art fun to look at.
- Card stock paper, black and assorted colors (I like the Recollections brand)
- Heavy paper for templates
- Black Sharpie
- Pencil crayon, white
- Glue sticks
- Prep: Cut cat body templates from heavy paper. Cut black paper to 4.25″ x 5.5″ rectangles. Cut yellow paper to approx 1″ x 2″ rectangles.
- Students use the cat body template to trace the shape onto the black paper.
- The cat is cut out with a scissors.
- Eyes are cut from the yellow paper, completed with a black Sharpie, and glued to the cat.
- The mouth and whiskers are drawn with a white pencil crayon.
- The cat is glued to a background paper.
- A setting is drawn with the Sharpie marker. The more detail, the better.