Learn how to draw a scary tree, by starting with your hand. This reminds me of those creepy trees that come to life in the Wizard of Oz.
This drawing could be pushed into a scary Halloween look, or a pretty one with lots of flowering leaves. The pointiness of the fingers and choice of colors will make all the difference with what you decide to create.
Either way, using your hand to get started is really helpful for those that tend to draw small. The natural split of wrist into fingers will help to create some very natural looking lines, and the vertical segments with little “jumping” lines adds up to lots of dimension.
- Download Draw a Scary Tree Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- The students first trace their hand on a piece of paper. When finished, they should make the tops of their fingers very pointy.
- Vertical lines are drawn as shown. The more irregular they are, the better. When complete, the lines can be traced with a marker.
- Demonstrate to the students how they can place their marker on a vertical line and “jump”, or make an arch to the next line. It’s best to start at the bottom and work upwards. When they reach a finger, the lines become just single “jumps”.
- Leaves may be added around the tree, and grass in the background.
- Color with crayons or colored pencils. Note: This can make a spooky Halloween drawing if done on black paper with white pencil crayons.
Submit your review