Learn how to draw a Scary Cat Face with this easy step by step tutorial. Those crazy eyes and extra sharp teeth create quite a look!
Scary Black Cat Drawing
There are so many ways to have creative fun with all the images that pop up around Halloween. Between haunted houses and colorful costumes and variations of nocturnal animals walking or flying around, there’s just too much material to work with. Now students have one more option with a tutorial for how to draw a scary cat.
This scary cat face was found in some vintage collection of Halloween things, which is also offers lots of what I call the “fun scary” ideas. Some of them are, of course, on the cheesy side, but many others just conjure up a time when a wigged-out looking cat with buggy eyes and sharp teeth was about the scariest thing you could imagine.
Oh, and on top of that, you could also use this as a lesson in drawing emotion. Anytime students draw dots that are small and floating in the middle of the eye, the look definitely says SCARED.
Pin Me to Your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Scary Cat Coloring Page
Materials for Cat Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for Scary Cat Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw a Scary Cat Face
- Draw the inner two eye circles.
- Add the outer eye shape.
- Draw two matching eyebrows.
- Add the nose and start the mouth.
- Draw lots of sharp teeth.
- Start the top of the head.
- Add the two symmetrical fuzzy sides of the head.
- Finish the chin and add shoulders.
- Trace with a marker and color.