How to draw a squirrel that is pretty realistic, but still very cute. Use these step by step directions to draw a squirrel with it’s trademark bushy tail. Look below for a tutorial you can download.
I often tell my students that curves are the trickiest thing to draw as it takes some careful judgement to see how slight or dramatic they may be.
This little guy is nothing but curves, with only straight lines at the bottom of his feet. He is perfect for those who have mastered geometric shapes, and want to challenge themselves to something a little more complex. The bonus at the end is having a super cute squirrel to look at!
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular “Draw Animals” eBook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of 75 step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
- View and Download PDF Squirrel Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the squirrel in pencil.
- The squirrel is traced with a black marker.
- The squirrel is colored carefully with crayons.