Easy How to Draw a Truck with a Christmas Tree Tutorial and Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Truck with a Christmas Tree and a Truck and a Coloring Page. The bright red and green colors always make a fun drawing.
Truck with a Christmas Tree Drawing
Students can mix some fun country images with their holidays when they learn how to draw a truck with a Christmas Tree. Whether they live in the country or not, it’s always fun to imagine what life is like there.
This tutorial shares my favorite way to draw a Pickup truck. If you haven’t tried using my tip for making drawing guides (fold lines) before, this is a great one to start with. The main shapes of the truck line up with them, so if students follow the directions, their truck will be well proportioned and fill up their paper.
Getting Started with Drawing Guides
The best way to get students off to a good start to any drawing lesson is to show them how to use guides as a reference point.
You may have noticed that all of the tutorials on this site have a dashed line running through the center of each step, in both horizontal and vertical directions. If students make their own centered lines on their own paper, before drawing, they will have an easy reference to follow.
Drawing skills are all about getting the size and placement of lines on paper, so having some visual reference point to get started, will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate.
So does that mean students need to get out a ruler to draw a big fat line down the center of their paper before they start? Goodness no, please don’t! That will most likely be hard to erase and distract from any finished art. No, simply fold the sheet of paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold. The beauty is that by the time the drawing is done and colored in, the creases will disappear.
And now, on to the Pickup Truck drawing project.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Save me to your Pinterest Board
Truck with a Christmas Tree Coloring Page
Materials for a Truck with a Christmas Tree Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Truck with a Christmas Tree Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Truck with a Christmas Tree
- Draw the cab shape of the truck.
- Add the front end.
- Draw the back of the truck.
- Add two half circles for the wheels.
- Erase the line inside and add detail.
- Draw the two wheels and rims inside.
- Add a window, and a tree in the bed of the truck.
- Finish with a ground line and background.
- Trace with a marker and color.