Looking for a tutorial to show how to draw George Washington in a way that actually kind of looks like him? This one will help you out.
George Washington was the first American president, commander of the Continental Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, and farmer. Through these roles, Washington exemplified his outstanding character and leadership, and is still much admired to this day.
This tutorial for Mr. Washington will help students draw his portrait with a slight turn to his face. This reflects his most famous look, as seen on our dollar bills, and is pretty easy to do if you have an example to follow. Known as a 3/4 view, it’s a common pose for many when having their portraits made.
- Draw George Washington PDF Tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper, 8.5″ x 11″
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw George Washington
- Start drawing the head.
- Draw the back of the head, lightly.
- Draw the neck, shoulders and collar.
- Add the shirt underneath.
- Draw the outside of the hair around the head.
- Erase extra line. Add hair lines and bow.
- Draw the eyes and nose.
- Add face details.
- Trace with marker and color with crayons.