Show your students how to draw mushrooms with this step by step tutorial, and then turn it into a watercolor resist project. Crayons add some fun extra texture.
Learning how to draw is a gradual process of learning to notice details. Two of these mushrooms offer a simple profile, but the middle one shows students how easy it is to make something look a bit more round, as mushrooms really are. All it takes is tilting the cap up a bit so you can see how the stem attaches in the center, and the edges spiral out from it.
- How to Draw Mushrooms PDF tutorial (download here)
- Watercolor paper*
- Crayon sharpener*
- Watercolor paint*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Mushrooms
- Draw the center mushroom stem.
- Draw the oval around the stem.
- Add the cap and inside circle.
- Draw two side caps on both sides.
- Add stems and grass line.
- Start the snail on top.
- Add snail eyes and swirl.
- Trace with marker and add crayon lines.
- Paint with watercolors.