When it comes to kinder art, I get a weird kinda thrill in matching the perfect book with the project. It doesn’t get much better than this. Some posts on Pinterest inspired this collaboration, which comes from a classic named “If the Dinosaurs Came Back”.
• Large drawing paper, 12″ x 18″
• Card stock, bright colors
• Glue stick
• Black Sharpie marker, chisel tip
- Students draw the outside building shapes in pencil on a sheet of 12″ x 18″ paper.
- They trace the buildings with a chisel tip black Sharpie marker, then draw lots of windows inside them.
- My template was printed on different colors of card stock paper. Students cut the shapes out and glued them on their drawing. (Note: there is an extra half circle left over, and they need to cut out their own legs from scraps.) All the shapes are glued down with a glue stick. A face is added with the black marker.