To wrap up my Sharpie Blog Roll, here is a Sharpie Winter Landscape project that I found works well for a wide range of students. The black permanent marker allows for liberal painting over the trees, and the white marker creates easy dots of snow to finish things off.
• Watercolor paper
• Black Sharpie marker
• Liquid watercolor paint, blue and black
• White Sharpie paint marker, water-based
1. Draw the landscape according to the tutorial.
2. Paint the sky with blue watercolor.
3. Paint the tree shadows with watered down black paint. Let dry.
4. Add dots of snow with the white Sharpie paint marker.