These lovely watercolor turkeys show how Thanksgiving art projects don’t have to be brown and boring.
Volunteer art docent Tricia from Brentwood, CA had her 4th grade students first draw them on 12×18 white paper with Sharpies. They added oil pastel accents and finished with water color from edge to edge. Love the color! Here is my tutorial she followed:
• Crayons or paint or markers
• Sharpie, black, fine point
1. Print a tutorial for each student. Guide lines are added to a sheet of paper before the drawing is started. Folding the paper in half both ways will do the trick, or you can print them lightly with a printer too. Students follow the tutorial to draw the turkey.
2. The drawing is traced with a Sharpie marker. Erase the extra pencil lines when the drawing is complete.
3. Color the drawing carefully with crayons, or paint, or draw with markers.