Learn how to draw Jane Goodall, the world’s leading expert on chimpanzees. She has studied them for over 40 years.
Jane was born in London in 1934 and spent her early years dreaming about visiting Africa. She read lots of books about animals went on to study animal behavior at Cambridge University.
In 1960, Jane began studying the chimps in Gombe Stream Park, Tanzania. She discovered that chimps were able to catch food and make basic tools from tree branches.
While in Africa, Jane also devised a feeding system to get as close as possible to the chimps. She ate the same food as the chimpanzees and spent time with them in the trees.
The Jane Goodall Institute was established in 1977 to protect chimpanzees and their habitats. It has offices in over 12 countries and over 10,000 groups in over 100 countries.
- Draw Jane Goodall PDF Tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Jane Goodall
- Draw the bottom of her face.
- Add a zig-zag hairline.
- Draw ears and outer edge of hair.
- Add hair lines, neck and collar.
- Draw two eyes and eyebrows.
- Add the nose, lips and cheek bone lines.
- Draw more skin lines and a pony tail.
- Add J-A-N-E block letters in the back.
- Trace with a marker and color.