Drawing a nutcracker provides valuable body proportion practice. Watch the length of the arms and legs to make sure they are not too long or short.
- Draw a Nutcracker PDF tutorial
- Watercolor paper*
- Black permanent marker*
- Liquid watercolor paint*
- Metallic markers*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS PROJECTS?
There are many more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my “Christmas Drawing” ebook in my PDF Shop.
All have simple step by step tutorials to help beginner artists see where to start and how to finish each drawing. Use it for Christmas classroom projects or special homemade cards for gifts or holiday framing. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
PREP: Print or draw guidelines on paper.
1. Students draw the nutcracker according to the tutorial.
2. The drawing is traced with the permanent marker.
3. Crayons are used to color the face.
4. The nutcracker is painted with watercolor paint.
5. When dry, draw some patterns on the top with a silver Sharpie.