Here’s a fun way to draw a scarecrow, and it’s easy enough for even most kinders. I highly recommend printing or drawing the light center guide lines though, before you start. They really help young ones place their lines. And don’t skip the crayon details as they add some nice bumpy texture to the painting.
• Watercolor paper (I like Strathmore, if you can budget it)
• Sharpie black marker
* Liquid watercolor paint
Prep: Print color copy of tutorial for each student1. Draw or print guidelines. Students draw their scarecrow in pencil.
2. The drawing is traced with the marker.
3. Small parts of the scarecrow are colored with crayons, as in the eyes, nose, buttons and patches.
4. Add straw with a yellow crayon. Press really hard to make the lines show up.
5. Paint the scarecrow with liquid watercolor paint.