Here’s a baby fox drawing, easy enough for even kindergarteners to try out. Careful coloring will really make him stand out.
To create the look of my sample, have students draw on black paper, trace the lines with a black oil pastel, and then fill in as shown.
- Black construction paper
- Oil pastels
Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the fox in pencil.
- The fox is traced with a black oil pastel.
- The fox is colored very heavily with oil pastels.
- The background is colored.
- The black lines are traced again to make them bold, so they really stand out.