Sometimes I find easy art projects for kids that aren’t easy to replicate for lots of students. That’s when technology steps in.
This fox painting looks like students recycled newspaper for the background of a painting, but actually one sheet was scanned and printed for all of them. No need to make your own, just download my file in the link below.
• Download Newspaper Background file
• Card stock paper, cream
• Sharpie marker, chisel tip
• Tempera paint
1. View my file above and drag a copy to your desktop. Print the file on sheets of manila card stock paper to get that old paper look.
2. Students draw their art, in this case a fox in the style of artist jomama. Start with a U for the head, then finish the face, and then a large swoop for the tail and body.
3. The drawing is traced with a permanent marker. The thicker the marker, the better. A bold black link is needed to stand out from the paper.
4. This is a good time to learn how to make just the right shade of orange for a fox. I love how the newsprint shows through the paint and adds some extra dimension and texture.