This could be one of your easiest Valentine’s Day art projects. Keep things really simple so kids can experiment with their wet-on-wet painting.
This fourth grade artist, Lola, did an impeccable job using the colors to make shadows. I’m in love with that center balloon, which blends fuchsia and red.
- Heart Balloon Painting PDF
- Watercolor paper
- Liquid watercolor paint
- Heart stencil, optional
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Paint Heart Balloons
- Draw or trace a page full of hearts.
- Add small triangles to the bottoms.
- Add strings.
- Draw highlights in same side of each heart.
- Trace with a crayon.
- Paint with one color, add a stripe of another along one side.