Why learn how to paint a snowman the same old way that everyone else does? Why not close in and add a few extra fun touches?
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS PROJECTS?
There are many more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my “Christmas Drawing” ebook in my PDF Shop.
All have simple step by step tutorials to help beginner artists see where to start and how to finish each drawing. Use it for Christmas classroom projects or special homemade cards for gifts or holiday framing. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
MATERIALS TO PAINT A SNOWMAN
- How to Paint a Snowman Tutorial
- Watercolor paper* (the good stuff if you want bright colors)
- Liquid watercolor paint*
- Crayons (white)*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Paint a Snowman
- Lightly draw the center guidelines on the paper to help with the drawing.
- Draw the snowman in pencil, according to the downloaded tutorial.
- Trace the snowman body with a black permanent marker.
- Draw white swirls on the background.
Press very hard so they leave a thick line.
- Paint the details of the snowman with a small brush.
- Paint blue watercolor over the entire background.