Learn how to draw the Blue Dog, the beloved pet of artist George Rodrigue, and find out how fun it is to fill familiar things with very unusual colors.
I love that he painted his beloved dog in so many colors, which encourages students to be creative with their coloring as well.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
- Download Blue Dog PDF Tutorial
- Multimedia or watercolor paper
Liquid watercolor paint
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student. Draw pencil guide lines as shown in the tutorial to assist in drawing.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the blue dog in pencil.
- The blue dog is traced with a black marker.
- The blue dog is is painted with watercolors.
Submit your review