Learn how to draw a Car with this easy step by step tutorial. All those simple shapes add up to a classic looking Volkswagon.
Not all drawing projects have to be about flowers or landscapes or people. Some can be about more mechanical things, like buildings or transportation, or more specifically … cars.
You may find you have students that totally yawn at the idea of drawing organic stuff, but are endlessly fascinated with more technical things. It takes a different part of your brain to make things more precise, and more design oriented, so adding these kinds of projects to your curriculum is a great way to appeal to those students too. The world is going to need more smart designers who learn how to improve how we get around in the future too!
- How to Draw an Easy Car (click for a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw an Easy Car
- Draw two wheels.
- Add inside circles and a line.
- Draw front and back bumper.
- Draw the car body.
- Add front and back windows.
- Draw two side windows and lights.
- Add bumpers around the wheels.
- Draw a road and a background.
- Trace with marker and color.