Looking for abstract self portrait ideas? Try drawing extra large features so you can color the different areas different colors.
Instead of getting stuck trying to make the “perfect” eyes or nose or mouth, try generalizing those shapes, so you can spend more time on your hair and clothes.
You’ll be left with a face with large closed shapes that you can color however you want.
If you like this self portrait project, there are many more in my “Self Portrait Projects” ebook, located in my PDF Shop. Just click on the link or ebook to learn more.
- Download Abstract Self Portrait PDF Tutorial
- Multimedia paper
- Sharpie, black, chisel tip*
- Liquid watercolor paint*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Make color print of PDF tutorial. Students follow it to draw their self-portrait in pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a thick black marker.
- Paint the face, changing colors in all the different closed areas.
Submit your review